Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
Industry: Government / Job Expires: 2021-08-19 09:09:10 / Location: Gauteng
- The successful candidate must be a qualified Chartered Accountant with at least 10 years’ working experience, of which, 5 years must have been at a strategic level in a Senior Financial Management role.
- Experience in managing a diverse team of professionals in a financial environment is essential.
- The CFO will be responsible for Finance, Supply Chain Management (SCM) and Information & Communication Systems (ICT) departments.
- Ensure preparation and submission of accurate annual financial statements (AFS), comply with GRAP.
- Attend and resolve audit queries as raised by the internal auditors and the Auditor-General (AG).
- Provide strategic leadership to ensure financial viability and budget discipline of the entity.
- Ensure participation and compliance with all budget processes e.g. MTEF and ENE.
- Provide support to the CEO and key stakeholders on all strategic matters related to budgets, financial management, Procurement and ICT.
- Oversee the establishment, implementation and monitoring of the compliance with statutory legislation, policies and governance frameworks such as ICT Governance Frameworks.
- Oversee long-term budgetary planning and cost management in alignment with the strategic plan.
- Ensure submission of accurate and timeous reports and or presentations to Managers, Exco, the Audit and Risk Management Committee, Department of Trade, Industry & Competition, National Treasury and Parliamentary committees.
- Interaction with the Audit and Risk Management Committee, Department of Trade, Industry & Competition, National Treasury, Parliamentary Committees.
- Human capital development, capacity building and talent management within the departments.
- Oversee risk management processes.
- Public sector background/experience in a government agency environment.
- Extensive and practical knowledge of PFMA, Treasury Regulations, accounting standards and all other financial management prescripts relevant to the public sector.
- Knowledge of CaseWare.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of Corporate Governance.
- Governance, ethics and values in Financial Management.
- Information and Technology Governance Frameworks.
- Treasury regulations and supply chain management legislation e.g. PPPFA.
- Operating procedures, accounting and reporting standards.
- Strategic leadership and management
- Strategic and operational financial management
- Risk and change management
- Project management
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Excellent administrative skills
- Analytical skills.
This is an Employment Equity preferred opportunity. Also be aware that if we don't call you within a month, consider your application unsuccessful.
To apply, please send your cv to email@example.com.
"Let's get SA working"