Head of Logistics
Industry: Other / Job Expires: 2022-04-19 17:00:00 / Location: Gauteng
Reporting to the General Manager, the incumbent will be responsible to formulate and lead the implementation of the company's global logistics strategy to ensure cost-effective on-time delivery of the right products to the right place, by effectively managing the logistics operations responsible for the warehousing, local and international distribution of products and raw materials (the import of raw material and components, local and international (exports) distribution of packaged product, bulk raw materials and finished goods, as well as the management of packaged finished goods inventory at the company's main distribution centers).
Qualifications and Experience required:
- Bachelor's degree (Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Industrial Engineering or related field)
- Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM)
- 10 years' demonstrated experience in supply management.
- 5 years' demonstrated experience in strategic management in a logistics department/function.
- Project management and continuous improvement experience.
- Intermediate skills in Ms Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Email)
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Establish and implement international/global logistics strategies, governance (policies, guidelines) and an operating framework to regulate logistics processes and practices, as well as take accountability for fit-for-purpose logistics tools and systems and to ensure effective and efficient up and downstream operations.
- Translate customer requirements into capacity and lead time requirements by designing the logistics network to meet these requirements, including network components such as warehouse, distribution center (DC) assets, transportation assets, technology infrastructure, and inventory deployment.
- Define, in collaboration with procurement, the delivery service policy and compliance requirements, and negotiate, maintain outsourcing/third party logistics service providers' agreements, and to manage the performance of third-party logistics service providers against service level agreements, contractual and operational requirements.
- Implement, monitor, and manage key performance measures such as logistics costs, inbound delivery performance, space utilization, asset utilization, and outbound carrier delivery performance, and to measure and manage the performance of the company's logistics operations and services teams against organizational requirements in order to safeguard the quality of the company's products, improve profitability and efficiency.
- Manage the logistics department in terms of receiving, inspecting, and storing of incoming materials, efficient and cost-effective picking, packing, and shipping of product for outbound delivery, and tracking inventory deployment in accordance with relevant legislation, regulation, and ISO requirements.
- Manage BME owned assets utilised in the performance of logistical services, including owned fleet, magazines, and equipment in accordance with the asset management framework.
- Analyse logistics data and trends to report on logistics' performance and alignment to strategic objectives, and implement continuous improvement initiatives with regards to efficiency, quality, and profitability within the logistics value chain.
- Manage operational and capital expense budget for the logistics department.
- Manage all aspects of human capital through the HR value chain and in accordance to legislation.
Knowledge, Skills, and Competencies required:
- Knowledge of warehouse and transportation management systems, best practice and software
- Knowledge of third-party service provider performance and contract management
- Knowledge of enterprise risk management and business continuity planning
- Knowledge of business analytics - mathematical modelling and process simulation experience to support business decisions
- Problem Solving
- Sound people management and interpersonal skills
- Strong/technical negotiation, influencing and networking skills
- The ability to work cross-functionally in delivering results
- Business analytics skills- mathematical modelling and process simulation experience to support business decisions
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Change management skills
- Budgeting and business planning skills.
Salary : R725K-R1M per annum
Qualifying candidates to send updated cv to email@example.com. if you have not heard from us in 4 weeks , consider your application as unsuccessful