Manager Information Services & Technology
Industry: Other / Job Expires: 2021-10-15 12:26:55 / Location: Limpopo
The IS&T Manager forms a key part of any business that utilizes technology. The IS&T Manager is needed for the management of IT resources as well as the “planning of ICT including policy and practice development, planning, budgeting, resourcing and training”. The position has become increasingly important in calculating how to increase profits via the use of ICT frameworks, as well as the vital role of reducing expenditure and limiting damage by setting up controls and planning for possible disasters. The IS&T Manager is involved with driving the analysis and re-engineering of existing business processes, identifying and developing the capability to use new tools, reshaping the enterprise's physical infrastructure and network access, and with identifying and exploiting the enterprise's knowledge resources. The IS&T Manager heads the enterprise's efforts to integrate Cloud technologies into both its long-term strategy and its immediate business plans. IS&T Manager is often tasked with either driving or heading up crucial IT projects which are essential to the strategic and operational objectives of an organization.
Qualifications & Experience:
- National Diploma or Degree in Information Communication Technology
- Post Graduate Qualification will be advantageous.
- At least five year’s experience of transforming and managing significant ICT services in a large organization.
- At least 7 years’ experience in the ICT industry.
- Experience of delivering ICT strategies and successfully implementing an ICT strategy through business planning.
- Experience of procuring and managing large and complex outcome-based ICT contracts with interdependencies as well as joint procurement & market testing and outsourcing as well as negotiating quality, cost-effective services.
- Experience of working with a senior management team to develop a business focused ICT and information security strategies that will effectively support their business needs Understanding of the issues relating to effective service delivery at a time of budgetary constraints.
- Experience of contributing to the development and implementation of effective management information systems that aid the decision-making process.
- An excellent understanding of key ICT management standards, including but not limited to COBIT, ITIL, ISO38500, ISO/ISEC 27002:2013 and PRINCE.
- An excellent understanding of IT related ACTS, included but not limited to RICA, FICA, PROATIA, ECT Act and POPI
Key Performance Areas:
- Direct and manage computing and information technology strategic plans, policies, programs, and schedules for business and finance data processing, computer services, network communications, and management information services to accomplish corporate goals and objectives.
- Direct the information and data integrity of the company.
- Develop strategic plans and implement the objectives of the information technology needs of the company.
- Advise senior management on strategic systems conversions and integrations in support of business goals and objectives
- Assess new computing technologies to determine potential value for the company. • Identify emerging information technologies to be assimilated, integrated, and introduced within the company.
- Take responsibility for ICT governance and the mechanisms in place to ensure compliance, legislative and other, authorizing policies governing the conduct of management of change initiatives and standards of professional conduct.
- Develop and establish operating policies and approaches for computing and information technology.
- Ensure the security of the information systems, communication lines, and equipment.
- Interact with company managers on internal and external operations that are impacted by the capture, storage, processing and dissemination of information and communications on a daily basis.
- Interacts with Executive management to monitor and validate the organization’s compliance with governance and security policies monthly.
- Interacts with the Board to provide feedback on IT strategy, Governance, Risk and Compliance, IT Security, IT Finance and Disaster Recovery quarterly.
- Establish strong working relationships with ICT service providers.
- Accomplishes financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual capital and opex budget; scheduling expenditures; analysing variances; initiating corrective action.
- Review and approve major contracts for computing and information technology services and equipment.
- Oversee the development, design, and implementation of new applications and changes to existing computer systems and software packages.
- Cellphone Allowance, 50% Medical Aid (Discovery & Sizwe), Pension Fund 12,5% company contribution employee has an to contribute 7,5% - 15%, Housing Allowance (if the person chose to purchase a house in Phalaborwa the company will pay up-to R75000 transfer costs
- Supply PPE & Tools of Trade in PC
- They work from the office or around Phalaborwa
- 21 statutory leave (34 leave days in total). Can only sell non statutory leave
- 3 months full paid maternity leave. The extra 4th month can be unpaid leave
This is an Employment Equity opportunity. To apply please send your cv to email@example.com. For more info please call us on (012)443-6459