Manager Underground Safety
Industry: Other / Job Expires: 2022-01-12 11:42:09 / Location: Limpopo
Manager Underground safety is needed to lead the Underground Safety Teams at a Mining Company The incumbent will report to the General Manager SHEQ, and by virtue of his/her training, knowledge and experience.
- Formulation and implementation of safety strategies for continuous improvement.
- Liaison with various state departments, emergency service providers.
- Manage reporting systems to State.
- Continuous benchmarking, development and implementation of leading practices, systems and processes in safety and emergency services management.
- Analysis and prediction of risks and appropriate preventative actions.
- Management of emergency response teams.
- Manage the underground business resilience and recovery plan (BRRP).
- Experienced in underground and surface mining operations.
- Excellent knowledge of safety, emergency, and security legislation.
- Excellent understanding of safety and security management systems.
- Excellent communication and engagement skills.
- Computer literate with good experience in word, excel, outlook and power point.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Tertiary qualification in Safety Management, or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in an underground mining environment.
- Minimum of 5 years in a leadership role at a strategic level, in operations or safety management.
- Large Project experience will be an added advantage.
Location: Limpopo (Palabora)
Duration: 3-years Fixed Term Contract
Qualifying candidates to send cv to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, If you do not hear from us within 21 days, consider your application unsuccessful.