Market Risk Specialist
Industry: Government / Job Expires: 2021-09-30 11:19:01 / Location: Gauteng
- To advise the internal department on a wide range of practices, conduct and concerns affecting the industry and allied activities. Assist with the development of effective internal policies and relevant legislation, as well as establish and maintain a professional relationship with the diverse industry players.
- A post graduate bachelor's degree in Commerce, Mathematics or Business Science.
- A Master's degree in a related field or CFA/FRM certification will be an added advantage.
- The person must have at least 3 to 5 years quantitative risk management experience within the investment/corporate banking, corporate finance or assets management industry.
- Demonstrable experience in managing market risk as well as defining and developing quantitative market risk is essential.
- An understanding of complex financial instruments and the pricing and valuation methodologies thereof is required.
Key Performance Areas
- Develop and implement quantitative risk management capacity within the department including but not limited to quantitative risk models, risk management programs, oversight techniques and training schedules;
- Provide critical analysis of significant issues affecting the industry and guide the department in the pursuit and achievement of international best practice;
- Identify shortcomings and anomalies to the regulatory framework and subordinate legislation;
- Propose changes to the regulatory framework and assist the Head of Department with the implementation of such changes;
- Assist the Head of Department to develop and maintain an effective and efficient supervisory framework within the context of the approved legislation, and execute supervisory function within defined SLA limits
- Assist with monitoring compliance with the provisions of the Financial Markets Act and subordinate legislation;
- Assist with conducting investigations regarding Market Infrastructures and Over the Counter Derivatives Providers and ensure that all relevant complaints are dealt with;
- Plan, conduct and provide feedback on onsite inspections, including liaison with relevant stakeholders;
- Attend and constructively participate in all meetings and projects with stakeholders when required to do so; and
- Liaise with and render appropriate regulatory guidance to stakeholders.
Preference will be given to employment equity candidate. To apply please send your cv to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
"Let's get SA working"