Senior Manager: Collections Strategy - Payments
Industry: Other / Job Expires: 2022-03-30 17:00:00 / Location: Gauteng
The Senior manager will proactively manage collection’s risk (Payments) through the design of bespoke strategies that prioritise; segment portfolios based on risk and implement efficient and cost-effective payments collections process flows.
- Quantitative major (Bsc, Bcom).
- 5-10 years management experience.
- 5-10 years of Credit & Collections Experience.
- 5-10 years’ experience in credit risk management in a financial institution.
- Facilitate the scheduling of monthly Payment committee meetings ensuring attendance of key members.
- Manage the timely preparation, validation, and distribution of relevant Payments pack submissions.
- Monitor key risk indicators monthly and identify, research, and escalate anomalies.
- Provide ad hoc analysis as required to support collections and payments pack submissions.
- Identify and investigate areas of key strategic interest in respect of collections performance (efficiencies) and management.
- Oversee the stability and availability of the collection’s analytical platform, specifically the collections data mart and access tools.
- Manage the analysis of ad hoc investigations and provide solutions and recommendations to the business.
- Facilitate changes to payments policy and procedures based on finding.
- Refine analytical methodologies and data presentation formats on an ongoing basis.
- facilitate effective model governance processes including model validation, monitoring, reporting, auditing, liaising with Regulator, and ensure error-free implementation.
- Develop and maintain predictive modelling standards & the code / tools necessary to ensure widespread adherence hereto.
- Create and maintain productive relationships with internal and external clients by providing advice and assistance.
- Create understanding of the ‘real’ versus ‘perceived’ need through experience and expertise while complying with company policies, legislation, and regulations.
Technical and Behavioral Skills :
- Well-rounded technical understanding (of banking, credit, models including predictive models, optimisation, automation, credit bureaux data and other data sources, statistics, software packages, finance, credit risk management in the context of ERM.
- Financial skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Relationship Management skills.
- Negotiation Skills.
- Displays business acumen.
- Facilitation Skills.
Qualifying candidates to send updated cv to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org . Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
If you have not heard from us in 4 weeks , consider your application unsuccessful.