Superintendent Employee Relations (Stakeholder Engagement)
Industry: Other / Job Expires: 2022-06-10 17:00:00 / Location: Limpopo
The Superintendent Employee Relations (Stakeholder Engagement) will be responsible for the provision of employee relations support to the business and continuous engagements with organised labour and other key relevant stakeholders. The incumbent will help in the attainment of labour peace together with ensuring an orderly collective bargaining system exists within the company.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Psychology or related Human Resources Management degree majoring with Labour Relations.
- A degree in Law will be advantageous.
- 8 years Employee Relations experience.
- In-depth knowledge of labour laws and collective agreements.
- Experience in collective bargaining, including management of strike action and lockouts.
- Experience in dealing with trade unions.
- CCMA and litigation experience.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Implement the objectives set out in the Company’s ER Strategy.
- Leading negotiations / consultations with organized labour on ad hoc issues.
- Ensuring that a good relationship exists between Management and Organized labour which relationship should be based on correct principles.
- Management of collective bargaining processes and advice line management on same.
- Monitoring and enforcing compliance with collective agreements
- Drafting and updating collective agreements with Unions.
- Resolving disputes / conflicts with Unions both internally and at CCMA.
- Assisting in the resolution of strikes (go slows; work to rule; pickets; etc) and enforcement of lockouts.
- Acting as Management Representative during engagements with Unions and representing Management interests.
- Implementing the new framework for stakeholder engagement.
- Liaising with the Branch, Regional and National Offices of recognised trade unions and build a good relationship with these stakeholders.
- Monitoring and supervising Shop Steward elections across the business.
- Overseeing all Independent Contractor Union issues and ensure compliance with labour laws by Independent Contractors working for the Company.
- Supervision of all Mine Fulltime Shop Stewards together with part time Shop Stewards.
- Facilitating capacity building interventions for organised labour.
- Conducting ER climate surveys and benchmarking exercises.
- Assisting during wage negotiations.
- Presenting ER Training & Induction.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Ability to communicate at all levels.
- Good negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to draft legal documents.
- Attention to detail and persuasion.
N.B: By responding to this advert, you consent to Heitha Staffing Group processing your personal information for recruitment purposes and confirm that any personal information has been submitted voluntarily.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you have not heard from us in 4 weeks, consider your application unsuccessful.
To apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org