Superintendent Hot Metal Maintenance
Industry: Other / Job Expires: 2022-01-12 17:00:00 / Location: Mpumalanga
The position is responsible for the maintenance of the Smelter section hot metals. This includes all Smelter fixed plant installations and mobile equipment as stipulated on your area of responsibility plan. The role also carries legal responsibility in terms of the South African Mine Health and Safety Act and Regulations.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Setting up strategic equipment and plant replacement programs to ensure both continue to operate at or above designed levels of productivity.
- Ensuring continuous improvement initiatives are driven to ensure cost reduction, productivity/efficiency improvements and improved safety standards.
- Continuous review of maintenance strategies.
- Implementation of efficient maintenance strategies.
- Training and Development of subordinates.
- Ensuring that the section develops an interdependent culture of safety ensuring that work complies with existing safety legislation and is in full compliance with the company’s standards.
- Managing Operating and Capital budgets for the section.
- Developing and managing a five-year business plan for the section.
- A passion for performance.
- Clear understanding of the Copper Smelting processes.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to manage and function effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary team in a multicultural environment.
- Proficiency in maintenance and strategic planning, organization development and leadership. Comprehensive knowledge of relevant legislation.
- Ability to plan, manage and control a section’s budgets.
- Proven safety and production track record in a leadership position.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree or Diploma in mechanical or electrical engineering.
- Two years’ experience as a qualified GCC Engineer.
- Government Certificate of Competency, Engineering (Electrical or Mechanical) for Mines.
- Both fixed plant and mobile maintenance backgrounds would be advantageous.
Qualifying candidates to send CV to email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. if you haven't heard from us after 4 weeks , consider your application unsuccessful.