Industry: Other / Job Expires: 2022-01-18 17:00:00 / Location: Mpumalanga
The Technician will be responsible for providing both electrical and mechanical services to the underground mobile equipment. This will be achieved through the maintenance of the following: control systems, radio remote controls, Siemens PLC systems on mobile equipment and auto electrical wiring systems.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Maintenance, fault finding and repairs on auto electrical equipment, PLCs, instrumentation, radio equipment, safety system and engine management systems.
- Conducting root cause analysis on all maintenance related equipment.
- Programming of PLCs, designing, re-writing and implement modifications on mobile equipment.
- Performing legal inspections on mobile equipment.
- Planning, reviewing, and executing tasks as per planned maintenance system.
- Liaising with operational staff to plan and execute planned and breakdown maintenance tasks.
- Ensuring maximum availability of mobile machinery and minimizing production downtime.
- Performing audits to ensure legal compliance of safety systems.
- Sourcing of electrical equipment from various suppliers.
- Preparing reports.
- Performing standby and overtime when required.
- Willingness to work underground.
- Ensuring adherence to SHEQ standards.
- Good inter-personal and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Good report writing skills.
- Analytical and innovative problem-solving skills.
- Good leadership skills.
- Good understanding and knowledge of planned maintenance principle.
- Ability to read and interpret electrical and hydraulic drawings.
- Ability to work under pressure.
Qualifications & Experience:
- National Diploma in Electrical or Instrumentation Engineering.
- Hands on experience on Siemens S7 PLC’s on trackless mobile machinery.
- Hands on experience on auto electrical maintenance on medium reach rigs – MacLean, Rock breakers – Sandvik 1400, LHD – Xingye and Fermel utility vehicles.
- Computer literate and in possession of a valid driver's license.
- A minimum of three years working experience in a maintenance.
- Instrumentation and radio knowledge will be an advantage.
Qualifying candidates to send cv to email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you haven't heard from us in 4 weeks please consider your application unsuccessful.