Industry: Other / Job Expires: 2022-03-28 08:14:26 / Location: Limpopo
The Superintendent Safety will be responsible for monitoring and evaluating safety trends and provide leadership, coaching and mentoring services that support the company’s goal of zero harm. Also developing, implementing, improving, and maintaining safety systems.
- Degree or National Diploma in Safety Management with five years working experience in the field of SHE in the Mining environment of which three years should have been in a supervisory
- Mining SAMTRAC / COMSOC 3 or similar with eight years working experience in the field of SHE in the Mining Environment of which five years have been in a supervisory capacity
- Knowledge and experience in risk management ISO 31001 and ISO 45001.
- Knowledge and experience in incident investigation.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Conducting safety meetings, audits, and inspections to verify compliance with Safety
- Legislation and requirements of the internal SHEQ Management System, evaluate
- performance, identify corrective action, and implement follow up assessments.
- Facilitate investigations of reportable accidents and occurrences in compliance with Chapter 23 of the MHSA Regulations and Section 11(5) of the Mine Health and Safety Act.
- Determining validity, quality, and scientific significance of the data.
- Interpreting the correlations between human activities and safety incidents.
- Identifying the underlying principles, reasons, or facts of information by breaking down information or data.
- Developing safety campaigns and initiatives to address alarming trends.
- Reviewing and where needed developing and improving effective emergency risk management at the Company.
- Evaluating and interpreting Health and Safety legislation to verify that the Company is in alignment with the DMRE and conforming with performance relevant COPs, Milestones and Standards.
- Complying with Regulations 2.19.1 – 2.19.7 of the MHSA read with the Minerals Act Regulations pertaining to Safety Officers and Chief Safety Officers.
- Managing budget allocated to section and initiating and implementing cost saving idea.
Intrinsic Qualities and competencies:
- Proven ability to lead a group of safety professionals.
- Ability to use root cause analysis process – advantage.
- Good report writing skills.
- Demonstrating a pro-active approach.
- Formal Training or Certification as an auditor to perform SHEQ audits.
- Code 08 driver’s license.
Duration : Permanent
Qualifying candidates to send their updated cv to firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have not heard from us in 4 weeks , consider your application unsuccessful.