Senior Financial Business Analyst
Industry: Other / Job Expires: 2022-03-10 00:00:00 / Location: Limpopo
The Senior Business Analyst’s responsibilities involve developing new business insights and models, communicating to management on how these insights and models will enhance business efficiency, and creating monthly reports on the performance of the business. The Senior Business Analyst should also be able to utilize the monthly reports to identify business areas in need of improvement and recommend initiatives.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or have a strong background and Qualification in an Engineering discipline.
- A higher technical degree or CA/CIMA would be advantageous.
- Strong commercial acumen, advanced analysis skills.
- At least five years of experience in business analysis in a leadership role.
- Experience within an operational or financial role providing a service to a mining client.
- Experience in compilation of strategic business plans.
- Knowledge of investment appraisal techniques of examining, questioning, and evaluating reports.
- Mining or resources experience will be advantageous.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Interfacing with Managers and Superintendents across the operation and undertaking critical business analysis of key performance indicators and operational results.
- Undertake accurate cost analysis to drive operations while also helping prepare accurate business cases for key stakeholders.
- Utilizing SAP BPC, support system set-up for business analysis, report creation and data validation to help management make beneficial changes.
- Critically evaluate operating and capital costs, connecting operational and financial performance and identify value-adding opportunities.
- Analyze production performance against the approved plan for the business, identify trends, investigate variances, and clearly articulate risks and opportunities.
- Formulates business value planning models relating to the key non-financial drivers of the business to financial performance.
- Evaluation of different strategic business scenarios and business improvement initiatives.
- Applies discounted cash flows and Net Present Value (NPV) determinations.
- Evaluate performance of capital projects.
- Strong interpersonal skills: Develop and maintain strong working relationships with the business units assigned to the role with the view of gaining in-depth knowledge of their operations including risks and opportunities with respect to their plans.
- Good report writing skills, with the ability to clearly and succinctly summarising business cases, risks and key success factors .
- Knowledge of managing projects and with the ability to work independently.
- Adaptability to work in a project environment where requests for more information are time sensitive.
- Self-starter, demonstrates curiosity & problem-solving to investigate financial & operational questions.
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft suite of tools, especially Excel.
- Experience or familiarity with navigating and extracting information from database tools.
Qualifying candidates to send updated cv to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, if you have not heard from us in 4 weeks consider your application unsuccessful.