Strategic Key Account Manager
Industry: Other / Job Expires: 2022-05-31 17:00:00 / Location: Gauteng
Reporting to the Managing Director, the incumbent will be responsible to establish, maintain and expand partnerships with strategically important customers while achieving sales targets and overall customer needs and enabling sales growth.
This is an open opportunity and NOT specifically EE.
Qualifications and Experience required:
- Degree in any commercial specialisation or equivalent.
- 7 -10 years of strategic account management experience in mining and/or explosives industry
- A proven experience in operating at strategic level in key accounts
- A proven track record of successful customer/sales engagements/relationships within the mining industry
- Extensive travel to cover all current and future customer base within areas of responsibility.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Develop, implement, and monitor customer strategies in alignment with the company's corporate strategy to enhance business opportunities
- Lead the strategic accounts planning process that develops mutual performance objectives, financial targets, and critical milestones to meet the company's corporate strategy
- Develop productive and professional relationships across a strong portfolio of existing clients in addition to generating new business pipeline with mine sites in mining and explosives industry
- Create strong client partnerships through understanding their operations and the issues they face
- Assess, clarify, and validate customer needs on an on-going basis and offering quality products and technical support to realise efficiency and process improvements
- Maintain high customer satisfaction ratings that meet company’s standards
- Coordinate and collaborate with various departments/stakeholders to achieve account performance objectives and customer expectations
- Synergise and collaborate with global accounts manager to leverage current customer partnerships and secure expanded global business opportunities
Knowledge, Skills, and Competencies
- Solid knowledge of Sales and Marketing
- Knowledge and understanding of mining operations or explosives
- Familiarity with applicable explosives legislation and regulations
- Knowledge of commodities and competitors within mining/explosives industry
- Interpersonal Skills
- Stakeholder Management
- Conflict Management
- Emotional Intelligence
- Customer Centric
- Excellent persuasion and negotiation skills
- Strategic Insight
- Customer service
- Stakeholder Management
Salary : R1.2 - R1.7M per annum
Qualifying candidates to send updated cv to firstname.lastname@example.org . Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted .
If you have not heard from us in 4 weeks consider your application unsuccessful.